dinosaured: (★ mission accomplished;)
★ obtainer of rare antiquities. ([personal profile] dinosaured) wrote in [community profile] polyphonics2015-03-08 09:28 pm
Entry tags:

REALISTIC COLLEGE AU MEME



I. living conditions

01. my roommate’s boyfriend is staying over so can I please sleep on your floor
02. all our friends are drunk
03. we live in halls opposite one another and i keep seeing you change in the window please close your blinds
04. you’re the RA and you’re trying to bust me for having hermit crabs
05. you’re baking cookies in the communal kitchen at 3am and I’m angry but also really hungry
06. clearly we’re both really uncomfortable at this party
07. you peed on my car. you were drunk. I was in the car. there will be hell to pay.
08. my friend dragged me to this party and I just saw my ex quick make out with me
09. sorry my roommate puked on your shoes
10. my roommate borrowed your contraband hotpot and managed to set it on fire

II. chance meeting

01. it’s pouring and my final paper is in my backpack so I guess we’re stuck under this tiny awning together. do you think they’d deliver pizza here
02. waiting outside for pizza to be delivered but both of ours is super late
03. I know I keep coming to this [cookie/coffee/etc.] shop and for some reason it’s always your shift but don’t you dare judge me I need this for my sanity
04. I found your USB drive still in the computer (and potentially regret finding out what's on it)
05. you decked me in the head while you were playing frisbee golf
06. your school mailbox is right next to mine
07. what do you mean we’re under a tornado warning?

III. campus community

01. I’m really passionate about this cause and I will give you this flier if I have to shove it down your throat
02. it’s 3 am and I’m still in the library studying for finals and I’m losing my grip on reality and I think I just saw a ghost
03. we’re the only two people in this club. what is this club even for
04. humans vs zombies, all bets are off, friendships mean nothing
05. I thought I was the only one who liked the waffle station in the cafeteria
06. we’re studying in the library and there are two people very obviously fucking in the stacks and we keep sharing embarrassed glances
07. what are you doing at this table at the career fair
08. I saw you sneaking captain crunch and cutlery out of the dining hall
09. my computer crashed and you’re the student worker at the IT center
10. we’re both on athletic teams that aren’t as cool as the football team and they give us shit
11. you’re part of the guerrilla theater club on campus and crashed my class for a performance

IV. credit hour woes

01. hey I have to [photograph/draw blood/film/insert major here] someone for class, will you be my guinea pig
02. we’re the only people who ever talk in discussions it’s awful
03. group project
04. both of us turned up to the wrong room for this lecture and neither of us know where it's supposed to be
05. we’re both donating blood in the blood donation van in the quad to get out of the same class
06. wait, I actually have a competent lab partner?
07. waiting for office hours
08. we started racing up the three flights of stairs to class for some reason and we can’t stop
09. vicious battle over the only left handed desk in the room

V. limited resources

01. you keep using my preferred shower stall in the floor bathrooms when I’m trying to get ready for class
02. you keep parking in the space outside my student house you absolute asshole
03. you're the only person in the room when i break the printer and i'm panicking (so don't be a dick about it please)
04. neither of us bought the expensive textbook but there is only one copy in the library and it can’t leave the building
05. this awesome professor only has one TA slot and we’re rivals
06. you keep reserving the good study room in the corner of the library with the windows
07. I’ve been sitting in this seat all semester why did you decide to sit in it today
08. you’re REALLY GOOD at using the right search terms for the academic databases and I’m on a deadline
09. we’re always at the fitness center at the same time and end up competing on the treadmill
10. can I borrow a dryer sheet? I ran out and the ones in the vending machine give me a rash


idiots of the hour
rapunzel
zuko
hans
zelda
vin
honey lemon
wan
cinder
niceguypose: (Default)

1/1 - Rapunz

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-09 06:06 am (UTC)(link)
[It's very awkward, but Rock Lee has no other option. He has undergone that trial of youth known as the 'sexile', and no one else on the floor will let him in. There is only one door left to try, and he's nervous about imposing on this acquaintance of his, especially in this manner.

Still, he makes his way to her door anyway, tugging a small green pillow and a green blanket in tow. And then he knocks firmly on it.]
gleamed: (☼ like a bolt out of the blue)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-10 05:14 am (UTC)(link)
[ rapunzel's up late studying - again - for her european art history class. it's incredibly frustrating - she loves art, she really does, but memorizing all the names and dates that go along with it is...not her favorite thing. she's been pulling late nights to prepare for her upcoming midterm.

she certainly isn't expecting any visitors, so at first, the door goes ignored by her. but the rest of her roommates are out at a party, so after a moment she rises from her desk and heads to answer the door. ]


Oh! Hi, Lee. [ she smiles at him in her friendly way, but then she notices his blanket and pillow. ] Um...is everything okay?
niceguypose: (Here drink some)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-10 05:42 am (UTC)(link)
R-Rapunzel-san! [He greets her with a nervous smile. Is this really alright?]

Ah... aha... Um, I apologize for bothering you! I... am not sure of the best way to... describe this situation...
gleamed: (☼ fate steps in and sees you through)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-10 06:10 am (UTC)(link)
[ she glances back into her apartment for a moment, at her desk, where her text book sits waiting.

but she's never one to turn people away when they're in need, so she steps aside to let him in. ]


Please, come in. I can get a pot of tea going and you can tell me what's going on. Do you like tea?
niceguypose: (friendly)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-10 06:30 am (UTC)(link)
[He sheepishly shuffles in, as if stepping foot onto an alien world, where any false move could mean utter destruction.]

I- I love tea! You do not have to go out of your way for me... It is so generous of you!
gleamed: (☼ you're never fully dressed)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-11 05:19 am (UTC)(link)
It's no problem at all! I was just about to brew some for myself, anyway.

[ this is, in fact, true. she needed it to calm her nerves. she steps into the kitchen, which is the same room as the living room because this is a dorm and the whole thing is basically 10 square feet. ] Any preferences?
Edited 2015-03-11 05:20 (UTC)
niceguypose: (talking)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-11 07:15 am (UTC)(link)
I see. It is still very nice.

[He doesn't know what to do; he just... stands awkwardly there with his blanket and pillow in hand.]

Ah... I have no preference at all! Please surprise me!
gleamed: (☼ like a bolt out of the blue)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-15 09:37 pm (UTC)(link)
Alright, then.

[ surprise it is! but it will be green tea. rapunzel busies herself with prepping the kettle before returning to the living room area. ]

Please, sit. [ she sits on the couch herself. ]
niceguypose: (drained)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-16 01:52 pm (UTC)(link)
Um.... Y-yes! Sure! I will do so!

[He then stiffly and awkwardly plops himself on the couch, clutching his items tightly.]

The interior is very... delightful!
gleamed: (☼ you're never fully dressed)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-20 04:57 am (UTC)(link)
Um, thanks! [ it's not much, really, though rapunzel regularly fixed up the place with fresh flowers and her artwork. ] I try to keep it a little less...dormy, if you know what I mean.
niceguypose: (concerned)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-20 05:08 am (UTC)(link)
[He does glance around, delighted by the flowers and art.]

I see! If I ranked you on that idea, I would say that you are... Very successful! [He still hasn't gotten himself to say why he's here.]
gleamed: (☼ anything your heart desires)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-29 05:29 am (UTC)(link)
Thank you! [ she's still smiling earnestly, but yeah bro, she'd like to know why he's here. ]

So...what brings you here? Is something the matter?
niceguypose: (blank)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-29 05:36 am (UTC)(link)
Er... It is not an emergency, but I am in here because... ah, I suppose that you could say I am in a bit of a pinch.
gleamed: (☼ like a bolt out of the blue)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-29 09:35 pm (UTC)(link)
Oh? Did something happen to your room? [ lbr these dorms are like cardboard boxes. she wouldn't be entirely surprised if a wall fell in or something like that. ]
niceguypose: (what is going on)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-29 10:58 pm (UTC)(link)
Er... something of the sort. [He looks embarrassed.] Tonight, my roommate is to use it... ah... with his girlfriend..
gleamed: (☼ you're never fully dressed)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-30 03:12 am (UTC)(link)
[ she brightens. ]

Oh, did he make her dinner? That's so sweet!

[ yes, even in this au continuity, rapunzel is a sweet summer child. ]
niceguypose: (blush)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-30 03:27 am (UTC)(link)
A-ah...! [Rock Lee's sweet summer child died when he accidentally walked in on their last "dinner".] Yes... but even more than that! Dinner... a movie... a sleepover of romance...!
gleamed: (☼ the voices of the mountains)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-30 03:44 am (UTC)(link)
[ she nods, as if she totally understands the situation now (she doesn't). ]

Of course! So you need a place to stay because you're letting her sleep on your bed. That's so thoughtful of you!
niceguypose: (Here drink some)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-30 03:54 am (UTC)(link)
[...You know what, close enough HE WILL PRESERVE YOUR BEAUTIFUL INNOCENCE

He nods very quickly.]


Thank you! Y-yes! Of course... that is the exact situation! Ah... I do not mean to impose on you, however! If this is not acceptable, I can find somewhere else...
gleamed: (☼ can you paint with all)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-03-30 04:09 am (UTC)(link)
[ aww, that's so sweet. :'| ]

No no, that's perfectly fine! my roommates won't be back until later...much later. So you more than welcome to stay on the couch.
niceguypose: (surprise)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-03-30 04:15 am (UTC)(link)
Ah... [His expression brightens up.] Thank you so much, Rapunzel-san! I will be the most unobtrusive guest you've ever had here! I promise!

[He leaps to his feet to affirm his declaration... and accidentally knocks a lamp over a table as he does so.

He immediately lunges to catch the lamp and ends up barrel rolling along the ground with the lamp clutched between his arms like it's a child beingrescued from certain doom.]
gleamed: (☼ beau brummelly but brother)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-04-03 01:52 am (UTC)(link)
[ rock lee runs for the pass, he's open, he's got the lamp in his hands -

FUMBLEEEEEEEE

rapunzel gasps, but when she realizes he's not hurt, she snorts with laughter. ]


Wow! What an impressive save!
niceguypose: (innocent babe)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-04-03 02:06 am (UTC)(link)
[Close enough. He's pretty much frozen in place for the moment with the lamp in his hand, and his face flushes lightly in embarrassment.]

Th-thank you! I apologize for nearly destroying your lamp...
gleamed: (☼ i will hear their every story)

[personal profile] gleamed 2015-04-05 02:49 am (UTC)(link)
That's okay! I never liked that lamp much, anyways. [ she much prefers natural light.

she stoops down and scoops the lamp out of his hands to place it back on the side table, her fingers brushing just lightly over his. ]
niceguypose: (nervous sweating)

[personal profile] niceguypose 2015-04-05 03:28 am (UTC)(link)
[As the fingers bristle together, it feels like the dancing of butterflies trickling up his arm from his fingertips, and he smiles with a light brush.]

R-really? Ah... I suppose that it is not the best. [And then he quietly goes to pull himself to his feet.]

I agree with your judgement completely!!
sangilak: (☯ cuz it's all those little things)

WAN III / 10

[personal profile] sangilak 2015-03-10 01:32 am (UTC)(link)
[ this is a superhuman type college where bending is allowed okay just don't think too hard on the logistics of two avatars existing at once it's just one of those strange wrinkles in the multiverse.

basically it's a meme let's do what we want.

and that is to say korra's the waterbender on the college's probending team and she's -- well, she's the only member. trying to find an earthbender and a firebender isn't exactly that easy. everyone else likes other forms of bending sports.

so here's korra, sitting frustratedly on a building stairwell, a table and sign next to her that reads: "JOIN THE SCHOOL'S BEARDOG PROBENDING TEAM, ENJOY THE RUSH OF COMPETITION". ... she.... she hasn't gotten any biters yet. ]
wanandonly: (pic#8423421)

[personal profile] wanandonly 2015-03-10 05:39 am (UTC)(link)
[ truth be told, wan is...sorta maybe marginally interested in probending. but his roommates, a bunch of thick - in all senses of the word - earthbenders, think it's a complete joke. and wan just hasn't been invested enough to tell them off. whatever. organized sports aren't really his thing, anyway.

even still, he spots the school's probending team captain - or at least, he assumes she's the captain since she's the only member - sitting by herself at her booth. she doesn't look too happy about her prospects, of which he can see none.

well...what harm could it do just to stop by? he's not going to sign up or anything. just, you know, give her some support. ]


Hey. Slow day, huh?
herobotics: (i'm such a cheeky asshole)

HONEY LEMON 1/5

[personal profile] herobotics 2015-03-11 05:56 am (UTC)(link)
(it's been a rough first couple of weeks of working on baymax. there's been power outages, painful malfunctions involving his lab being entirely trashed, and just. not enough sleep and tadashi is almost five million levels of done with everything. so he's taking a small break and walking around the campus... at a very ungodly hour. and while he may not actually live in the dorms, he's sure no one would mind him grabbing a quick snack while he considers things to do to fix his robotics project.

what he does not expect to see is someone furiously baking cookies. at 3 am. wow, he thought only aunt cass did that when she was stress eating and the cafe was empty. he looks like a bit of a mess, a five o'clock shadow, bags under his eyes, but the smell of cookies almost makes him smile. good food, good college food. don't mind him as he just. hesitantly steps inside.)
You only find someone baking cookies this late in college.
chemistratic: (♥ 04)

pls xcuse me being 100 years late to this

[personal profile] chemistratic 2015-03-20 04:53 am (UTC)(link)
[ honey lemon has her own reasons for being up late, namely that she's been working on a chemical formula for a term project that she's having trouble cracking. this, however, does not explain why she's baking cookies, and she has no excuse for how this will help her figure out her formula, therapy baking reasons aside.

it's not exactly unheard of for people to be wandering around the dorms this late, but she isn't expecting company, nonetheless. she's setting another cookie sheet in the oven when she hears someone speaking behind her, and on instinct, she whirls right around, wielding her spatula and oven mitt defensively. ]


A-ha! Thought you could sneak up on - [ but, oh, she doesn't recognize this guy. not exactly. though she might have seen him around campus. ] Oh! Sorry! Sorrysorrysorry - am I being too loud?

[ for all she knows, he's the R.A. come to scold her. or take her cookies. ]
herobotics: (thing works!!!!)

never. you bring dishonor to your name. and your cow

[personal profile] herobotics 2015-03-20 07:56 pm (UTC)(link)
(WHOA OKAY that's happening. he's not sure how deadly honey lemon can be with a spatula but his hands are up defensively just in case. at least a smile spreads on his face when she realizes the mistake. as long as he's not going to be backhanded via spatula, he's okay.) No, no, it's okay. I don't even live in the dorms, I was just coming to grab a snack before I get back to my project.

(and he has a sneaking suspicion that's a mutual feeling around here. #robotics college.)
chemistratic: (♥ 15)

takes note of this

[personal profile] chemistratic 2015-03-29 05:10 am (UTC)(link)
[ honey lemon relaxes visibly, set down the spatula. WELL, CASUAL SNACKING SHE CAN HANDLE. and understand. this is probably going to become a semi-regular thing for her. ]

Oh! Oh oh oh-okay! Well, would you like some cookies? I mean, I'm definitely not going to eat all of these. Could you imagine? I mean, then I could miss class on account of being sick, but...no, NO! I won't even consider it!

[ she's just gonna come at u with a tray of cookies now, tadashi, there is no escape. ]
herobotics: (i'm such a cheeky asshole)

as you should now go save china

[personal profile] herobotics 2015-03-30 01:26 am (UTC)(link)
(tadashi didn't have long to peer curiously at the cookies before she's coming at him with an entire tray full of them. WELL IF SHE INSISTS how could he refuse free college food.) Sure, I'd love some. Doubt we could eat the whole batch, but--

(wait. wait. wait. that is quite the idea she's come up with to get out of class, and while tadashi adores college... he needs a break. so he is just. going to eat cookie after cookie and regret life choices later.) Thanks for the cookies. And the idea.
chemistratic: (♥ 52)

gets down to business to defeat the huns

[personal profile] chemistratic 2015-03-30 03:10 am (UTC)(link)
[ she shoots him a positively horrified look, before pull the tray away from him. ]

Wait, you'd really do it? I can't let you! You'll ruin cookies for yourself! Think of the consequences!

[ she can't really blame him for wanting to get out of class, but think about your future relationship with cookies, man! ]
herobotics: (but science!!!)

do the thing be the person

[personal profile] herobotics 2015-03-31 12:51 am (UTC)(link)
(WHAT NO HE WAS EATING... but no, she has a point. this is why tadashi thinks thing through and doesn't act on impulse.

then he'd be hiro. well, if it helps, he looks guilty about it after she takes the tray away, and he sets those 5 cookies in his hand on the counter.)
Yeah... yeah, you're right.

(he pauses before smiling a bit sheepishly.) They're great, though. The cookies, I mean.
chemistratic: (♥ 04)

[personal profile] chemistratic 2015-04-03 01:28 am (UTC)(link)
[ well, at least he's change his mind about the cookie-induced sickness. she can breathe a little easier now. ]

Oh, thank you! They're just a little old family recipe...plus, therapy baking! It really helps!
herobotics: (i'm such a cheeky asshole)

[personal profile] herobotics 2015-04-04 06:14 am (UTC)(link)
(late night decisions are oft bad ones, tadashi knows this as a fact.) Yeah, no kidding. I'm gonna be needing a lot of that this semester. My aunt actually knows a great recipe for chicken wings with hot sauce, the kind that makes your face all numb. I could make some for you sometime, if you want?
chemistratic: (♥ 08)

[personal profile] chemistratic 2015-04-05 02:45 am (UTC)(link)
Oooh, that'd be amazing! I love that tingly numb-face feeling!

[ #chemistproblems ]

- Omigosh, I'm so sorry! Um - I'm Honey Lemon. Or that's what they call me, anyway! [ she sticks out her hand for a handshake. ]
herobotics: (tadashi hamada; pro angel)

[personal profile] herobotics 2015-04-06 05:30 am (UTC)(link)
Yeah, where you can't even feel your tears? It's the best.

(SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THANK GOD. but yes he will shake her hand back!) I'm Tadashi. But Honey Lemon... that's a cute nickname.